Can be made in 30 minutes or less.
- 3 1/2 oz chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 3 oz of onion, chopped – green onion is good or chives
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 13 oz thick tomato slices – I usually use very firm tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fat-free miracle whip
- 3 slices fat-free mozzarella or Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
step one – mix tuna, onion, celery and miracle whip together
step two – place tomatoes on a cookie sheet (on parchment paper is a good idea too) and divide tuna mixture evenly on top of the tomato slices.
step three – top with cheese. Broil in oven until cheese melts.